The Architect is in charge of overseeing timely and profitable completion of a project, consult with clients, and draw design. This will need to develop project cost estimates, review construction bids and contracts, coordinate implementation of capital improvement projects, administer agreements with consultant architects and engineers, and perform related work as required.
• Work independently or with consultant architects/engineers, design and prepare plans and
specifications, develop cost estimates, and coordinates implementation of capital improvement
projects, oversee the work and administers consultant construction.
• Develop construction bid proposals, review bid specifications, recommend contract approval and administer contracts with consultant architects and engineers.
• Participate in final inspection of improvement projects and makes recommendation regarding
acceptance of construction work.
• May review building plans and site design for aesthetics, environmental acceptability, compliance with codes and standards and accessibility requirements.
• Prepare reports and correspondence.
• Design projects and/or review architectural or engineering plans, specifications and contract
documents to ensure compliance with government codes, laws and regulations.
• Advise Subcontractors on the interpretation of plans, recommend changes when necessary.
• Prepare and/or review preliminary designs, working drawings, specifications and cost estimates related to the project.
• Provide technical expertise in development or review of policies and procedures in relation to
architectural structures and systems and construction/safety codes.
• Provide advice and develop design documents to initiate and modify architectural, interior design and space planning solutions.
• Perform design drafting including preliminary drawings, working drawings and full detail drawings for architectural, structural and mechanical works associated with building construction or improvement projects.
• Review Subcontractor’s shop drawings to ensure compliance with specifications and contract
agreements by checking them for technical accuracy according to accepted guidelines.
• Work with customers and Clients to gather facts, defines design and space planning problems, conceptualize possible solutions and secure approvals of proposals.
• Collaborate and energize the design team to develop solutions to design problems.
• Originate and develop creative design concepts and design documents in all phases.
• Use computer programs such as AutoCAD Architecture, 3D Studio MAX, Sketch up Pro., V-Ray Plug-in, Adobe Creative Suites at Very good level or higher.
• Proven track record with 3 year experience or non experience also welcome to apply.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Be confident, assertive and independent.
• Possesses intermediate knowledge of applicable codes, and implications on design.
• Demonstrated success in taking projects through design review process.
• Ability to discuss and debate philosophical design issues and solve complex project issues.
• Demonstrated ability to lead the client, project stakeholders and project team in an integrated
• Advanced design, visual and graphic presentation skills required .
• Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM} and Project Delivery methods, preferable.
• Proficiency with physical models.
• Ability to work in team environment and supervise others.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in English.
• Ability to plan and manage design team efforts to effectively meet deadlines.
• Good interpersonal skill in English and attention to detail.
• Empathy CMEDCC Management philosophy.
Phone: 023 221 898
Email: [email protected]
Address: #252-254, Street 63 Conner Street 400, Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang I, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
|Title||CMED Construction (Architect)||Categories||Agriculture/Manufacturing|
|Location||Phnom Penh||Start Date|
|Salary||Negotiable||Closing Date||Jun 20, 2020|
|Click to Apply Now|