Duties and responsibilities:
• Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
• Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
• Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
• Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
• Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
• Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
• Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
• Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
• Search legal records, survey records, and land titles in order to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
• Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
• Adjust surveying instruments in order to maintain their accuracy.
• Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
• Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas, using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
• Train assistants and helpers, and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys or drafting maps.
• Analyse survey objectives and specifications in order to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
• Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data in order to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features.
• Develop criteria for survey methods and procedures.
• Develop criteria for the design and modification of survey instruments.
• Conduct research in surveying and mapping methods, using knowledge of techniques of photogrammetric map compilation and electronic data processing.
• Locate and mark sites selected for geophysical prospecting activities, such as efforts to locate petroleum or other mineral products.
• Survey bodies of water in order to determine navigable channels and to secure data for construction of breakwaters, piers, and other marine structures.
• Direct aerial surveys of specified geographical areas.
• Determine specifications for photographic equipment to be used for aerial photography, as well as altitudes from which to photograph terrain.
• The first degree can be in any subject but those which may help to provide relevant knowledge include:
• Building or construction;
• Civil or structural engineering;
• Urban and land studies.
• Good communication, leadership, and initiative skills;
• Critical thinking and analytical skills;
• Must be precise, organized, flexible & autonomous
• Good interpersonal skill in English and attention to detail.
• Understand CMEDCC Management philosophy
Phone: 023 221 898
Email: [email protected]
Address: #252-254, Street 63 Conner Street 400, Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang I, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
|Title||CMED Construction (Survey Engineer)||Categories||Others|
|Location||Phnom Penh||Start Date|
|Salary||Negotiable||Closing Date||Jun 16, 2020|
|Click to Apply Now|